Apply For Course
Find information on all of the courses we provide below. Drop down each section to see a full overview of each of the courses on offer. If you are interested in applying, fill out the form below and we will get back to you with further information as soon as we are able to.
First Aid Course
This is an accredited course through ABC First Aid & Safety Training LTD Cost The course is free to LCVYS members and priority will be given to voluntary sector.
The course is provided over two days. All covered topics can be found in the drop down below.
To apply, fill out the application form below. We will endevour to respond to your request as soon as possible.
- First Aid Requirements for Early Years and Childcare Settings
- Records of Accidents & Incidents,
- Caring for Children who suddenly become unwell,
- Administration of Medication,
- First Aid Kit – Overview & Contents,
- What is First Aid?
- Emergency Planning
- Priorities of Treatment
- Recovery Position
- Resuscitation of babies, children & adults
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Shock in babies and children
- Anaphylactic reactions in babies & children
- Bleeding in babies & children
- Nose bleeds
- Bruises & Grazes
- Penetration wounds in babies & children
- Burns & scalds in babies & children
- Chocking in babies & children
- Suspected fractures in babies & children
- Dislocated Joints
- Sprains & Strains
- Head Injuries in babies & children
- Poisoning in babies & children
- Neck & Back (spinal) Injuries in babies & children
- Foreign Bodies in eyes,ears & noses
- Eye Injuries in babies & chilldren
- Bites & Stings in babies & children
- Effects of extreme heat
- Febrile Convulsions in babies & children
- Sickle Cell
Food Safety Course
The course is of 6 hours duration is followed by a thirty question multi-choice examination paper, which may be conducted orally.
Successful candidates will be awarded an in-house or CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety.
This is an accredited course through ABC First Aid & Safety Training LTD. The course is free and priority will be given to voluntary sector.
The course includes:
- Introduction to food safety
- Basic Microbiology
- Food Poisoning and Foodborne Disease
- Contamination and the Prevention of Food Poisoning
- Purchase to Service
- Food Safety Management Systems (HACCP)
- Personal hygiene
- Design and Construction of premises
- Food Pests
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Safe food storage
Safe to Start Course
A Training Day to help Volunteers & Others to be safe in their Work with Children & Young People
Learning Outcomes Safe to Start (one day)
At the end of the day participants should be able to:
- Describe the importance of safe and effective management and practice within the context of an over-all duty of care, and understand the key components of safe practice.
- Explain the importance to safe, effective working of:
- Record keeping
Pre- Session Preparation: So as to make sure that we all have a similar starting point, all participants will be asked to do some pre-work. (Which will be send out with confirmation of booking).
Please create an account or login to an existing account to apply for these courses.